Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 3: Still Quilting

I love to read blogs that talk about whipping up a quilt and quilting it in less than a week. Unfortunately, I am not one of those quilters. I did start quilting my Cubic Rhythm quilt this week and I got about a quarter of it quilted.




Well, this isn't perfect, but considering I haven't ever quilting an entire quilt (just worked on my FMQ sampler) and hadn't even dropped my feed dogs until a few months ago I think this is pretty good. The quilt is 65"x 65" (7 large blocks and 2 borders), I have 2 blocks quilted. Maybe I will be able to get it done for Christmas!

So the stats for the week:

In-process: (6)
Hip to be Square FMQ sampler (still at 14 out of 30 blocks quilted)
Cubic Rhythm (1/4 quilted)
Table runner (nope)
Purple heart wall hanging (nope)
Expanding Possibilities quilt (nope)
Free-Motion practice samples (Bright Star - linked up at Fluffy Sheep Quilting)

New projects in the cue to start: (2)
FLMQG solids challenge crib quilt (Not started)
New Wave quilt (not started)

Projects completed this week: (0)

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. I think your FMQ is fabulous. I wish I could do that.
    Don't read my blog then, lol as I never ever whip up a quilt in a week, he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s not good, it`s fantastic! BTW, I`m not one of those whip it up in a week quilters either although I`m slightly quicker than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it's better than pretty good, Pat! Looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your FMQ is amazing! Those feathers are beautiful - I see you are a foodie and into quilting too - that makes two of us! Nice to 'meet' you! :-)

    ReplyDelete