Monday, January 23, 2012

Squaring Up!

Well, I have to say I'm quite pleased with the quilting on my first storybook quilt. Amazingly, the quilting got better the more I did.  Hmmmm, must be true, practice makes you better!  ;)   I did have to switch thread after the first few blocks from Aurifil (cotton 40 wt) to Isacord (polyester 40wt). The cotton kept breaking. I did lower my tension, but still kept breaking. I usually quilt with Isacord (recommended by Leah Day) because that's what I use to machine embroider. I was trying the Aurifil, because I had heard such good things about it.



I started squaring up my blocks 15 1/2" x 151/2"

4 blocks done!

16 blocks to go! :(
I have to say that squaring up the blocks, making sure that the sashing is even on all sides and getting them all exactly 15 1/2" x 15 1/2" is the hardest part of the quilt so far. Hopefully I will get them squared up soon and start the joining process.

I'm linking up with Canoe Ridge Creations for Sew Modern Monday and Sew Happy Geek for Manic Monday!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

Sew Happy Geek



Color Me Quilty!

Pat

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I've been doing some fmq too, isn't Leah the best?!
    Now get back to quilting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! Love that fabric and your FMQ is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be such a cute project! I love the fabric. Thanks for sharing and good luck squaring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your storybook, how cute! And the FMQ looks great!

    ReplyDelete