Tuesday, April 10, 2012

WOOHOO! Two Finishes!

I love it when a plan comes together. I love it even better when I finish a quilty project. I finished TWO projects last night!

The first is my wholecloth mini quilt that I was making for Leah Day's QAL Wednesday. Soaked, blocked and bound! Yippee Skippee!
Front - finished size 15.5" x 15.5"

Back
I'm really pleased with how well this came out! I learned so much working on this project.

My second finish was my sewing machine cover, that really didn't work out to well as a sewing machine cover. I decided it was too long and didn't want to cut any of my quilting off, so now it's just a small wall quilt - approx. 25.5" x 36". I'm quite pleased with this little quilt too!
Front

Back

Close-up of quilting and binding!
Sew today, I'm linking up with a Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Quilter in the Gap as a finish for the 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long!


Fresh Poppy Design

2012 Finish-A-Long

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilting...the detail in the sewing machine cover/wallhanging is amazing. Must have taken you ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is amazing! I especially love all the feathers and swirls in the purple machine cover/wallhanging. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your wholecloth quilt photo at Quilt Story - great finish! I read all of Leah's posts myself but didn't even start the wholecloth quilt. I'm quite impressed with your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilting. I would not want to cut anything so pretty so you were wise to just make a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your post via Pat Sloan..wonderful quilting!!

    ReplyDelete