Monday, May 7, 2012

Storybook Borders

I so want to finish my Storybook quilt in time for the Spring 2012 Bloggers Quilt Festival. It's "story" is wanting to be told. So this weekend, I got one more step on the path to completion. I FMQ the borders and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.
I started by drawing out some ideas in my sketch book.

I decided they needed a little dimension

For the corners, I just enlarged the figure.

I was surprised how even I was able to keep them without marking the quilt.

I thought this design for the border went well with the spirals on the rest of the quilt.
So now I just have to trim and bind. I think I'm going to hand stitch the binding down, so I best get to it.

Linking up today with Sew Happy Geek for Manic Monday.


Sew Happy Geek


Color Me Quilty!

Pat

2 comments: