Friday, July 20, 2012

A Friend's Finish and A Kick in the Seat of My Pants!






As I told you on Wednesday, I spent a long weekend with my dear friend Kate. We had a grand time sewing and working on projects. One of Kate's projects was Quokka Quilts QAYGFMQQAL that she started maybe a month or so ago (I started mine in January). She used some of the fabric that she hand-dyed at my house last September. Yummy! Well, she was able to finish her quilt this week.
Kate's Finished Quilt!
I think Kate's quilt turned out fabulous! Now, as I said I started mine in January, finished the FMQ ages ago. Is mine done??!! Nope! So I pulled it out of my substantial WIP pile and started working on it. 

I quilted around the edge of the inner block and trimmed them to 10" squares
So Kate's quilt had some benefits to me, a squarely aimed kick in the seat of my pants to get me moving on my quilt.

I'm linking up today with TGIFF over at Plum and June!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat


9 comments:

  1. Just think you will be able to quilt it with your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its going to be amazing :) i love Kate's too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. Getting together with a friend to sew is such fun!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pile of quilt blocks looks so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Her sampler FMQ quilt turned out so pretty! I need to follow in you guys's footsteps and practice some quilting this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the hand-dyed fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic job! I haven't been able to fit that QAL, but I simply love what you have done in both the fabrics and the stitches!

    ReplyDelete