Friday, October 5, 2012

Dewey Decimal System!

Okay, so how many of you remember the Dewey Decimal System and actual card catalogs??? I know that the kids that worked on this library quilt don't! The library today is an amazing place with many more activities than I remember as a kid! And speaking of libraries, I'm making some progress on my Library quilt. I have 4 out of 9 blocks quilted. My goal is to finish this quilt this weekend (I hope)!

Echos and swirls

The borders have three loop wiggly lines


My goal with the FMQ is to give some texture without taking away from the kids artwork. I'm using Aurifil 50wt cotton because it just sort of blends into the background and quilts so nicely.  Cross your fingers that I can get this finished and so that I work on something new!

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

4 comments:

  1. What a neat project! I love your mix of echo and swirl quilting on the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Dewey Decimal System (and card catalogues) I particularly remember that the 500's were pure science and the 600's were applied science(aka technology), 700's art and 800's literature. (those were my favorite non-fiction sections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the dewey decimal system and still use it since I love going to libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What is your opinion on commercial banners of all kinds put on regular blogs?

    ReplyDelete