Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Paisley Runs Through It!

If the design has paisley in it, I love it. Okay, I admit it! I'm a Paisley junkie! So this week's Leah Day homework, Trapped Paisley,  HAD to go into my Expanding Possibilities quilt.


This was stitched into the edge of my quilt with the bulk of it supported behind my machine. I didn't have any where near the problems I had last week. Leading me to believe that most (although not all) of my problems are caused from the weight of the quilt or me pulling/pushing on the needle to get the quilt to move. I can't wait to get the insert to my Gidget 2 table, I think that will have a profound impact on my quilting.

So my question for Leah is about the Ikea table and adjustable legs you show in this post. Since I don't have an Ikea within at least 200 miles of me, I will need to order them online. You show two tables, one that you said you cut down. I'm assuming it was the one behind the machine. Could you share the exact dimensions of both tables and your combined sewing table configuration? How did you cut the table down, table or circular saw? Did this affect the pre-drilled holes for the legs? Was the raw edge of the table a problem? I love your sewing machine set-up, so any pertinent information would be hugely appreciated. 

I wasn't able to get a whole lot accomplished this week and I will probably get even less done this coming week. I have a conference in Indianapolis, I know, you are all jealous ;).

Finished the quilting in the center of the quilt
I got my purple hearts quilt basted

I started designing a new quilt.
My stats for the week:
In-process: (3)
Purple heart wall hanging  quilting and binding)

Expanding Possibilities quilt (Continue to quilt)
Storybook quilt # 2 - All embroidery is done

New projects: (1)
Elephant quilt

Finished (0)

 
I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday and The Free Motion Quilting Project for QAL Wednesday



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Free Motion Quilt Along

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

7 comments:

  1. This design looks really good in your expanding possibilities quilt! It's pretty much a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me as though you got quite a lot done! Your paisleys are wonderful!!! And your new project looks very interesting ;*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Leah's post just at the right time. I chose two tables online and my daughter bought them for me at her Ikea in NYC. My son-in-law put them together for me when he delivered them.

    I LOVE MY TABLES!!! They are extremely adjustable. However we discovered that there was a trick to making the legs all the same size. Measure the inner leg, not the leg as a whole, and it is pretty easy.

    Although I didn't actually mail order, I did use the web site to pick my tables out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Pat! You're giving me an excuse to shoot pics of my sewing studio and potentially see a way to improve things which will mean another trip to IKEA! Yes, I'll definitely post details tomorrow. By the way - I LOVE those elephants!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Trapped Paisley! Like you, I love paisley! I like the way you did some of the paisley edge to edge - I'll have to try that! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I really like "expanded possibilities" What a neat name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting looks great! I love it on the red.

    ReplyDelete