Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gallivanting in the Name of Quilting!

A little FMQ fun on my Koi Pond quilt
Saturday was a beautiful, warm day, at least for the finger lakes area of New York state. So I decided to go gallivanting in the name of quilting. I went to three quilt shops! The problem is to get to them. I ended up driving the entire way around Seneca Lake. Seneca Lake is the largest finger lake, which is about 40 miles long. One of my stops was O'Susannah's  in Watkins Glen. It is a lovely little shop, made even better because they sell Aurifil thread. I picked up a few more colors, so that I could continue quilting my Koi Pond quilt.

I've played around with variegated thread, but this is the first time I actually used it in a quilt. I like it.

A few more little fishies and quilting around the flowers.

I have to have a well stocked pond, so a few more fishies.
My machine, a Pfaff QE 4.0, is a bit temperamental to say the least, but this thread is running through my machine really well. I am having so much fun quilting this quilt. Unfortunately, my long weekend is over and I'm going back to work.

Today I'm linking up with A Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and Free Motion by the River for Linky Tuesday.
Fresh Poppy Design

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

7 comments:

  1. Looking good, and your trip sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a fun trip and I love the thread, your quilting is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like O Susannah's! I found it on accident when I went to the State Park once. I didn't know they sold Aurifil though! Pretty cool.

    I spent Saturday driving back to Ithaca from Michigan--it figures I would miss the one "balmy" day just in time to get back for this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fish are just fun. I like the other quilting patterns you are using too. I enjoy seeing how other people pick out what kinds of quilting they are going to be doing. Thanks for letting us into the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O'Susannah's is one of my favorite shops too! Looks like it was worth the trip for you too...the threads look great with your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I live near you! Kinda, lol. I live in Watertown. I keep meaning to see if there are any quilt shops near me, but I don't think there are. Do please tell us about the other shops near you, so I can plan to visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute little fishies, they look fun to quilt!

    ReplyDelete