Friday, May 17, 2013

Elephants On Parade


My Elephant quilt is complete. It is, in my opinion, fit for a queen. Well, it is a generous queen size, 94" wide and 100" long. I quilted it in three long panels and joined them with this QAYG method here.


I free motion quilted this quilt on my domestic machine (Pfaff Quilters Expression 4.0) using Aurifil thread (I pieced it with this thread too).
I used the fun variegated (aqua/teal) thread to quilt the elephant panel. It was my first time using a variegated thread, I think it turned out very cool.

The diamond pattern was the first time I straight line quilted. I really like the texture. And speaking of texture, I used Quilters Dream Puff batting. Nobody's going to get cold using this quilt. I love this batting.
  I think that the striped binding looks good with both the back and the front. I pieced the back of the quilt with large blocks of color.


 My goal was to have a reversible quilt. I was please how well I got the elephants on the front to line up with the color breaks on the back.


AmysCreativeSide.com


I'm entering this quilt in the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. You really do have to visit to see all of the magnificent quilts. I'm entering mine in the bed quilt category.  I (shamelessly) hope you will consider nominating and voting for this quilt.

I'm also linking up with TGIFFFinish Friday, and FMQ Friday

Color Me Quilty!

Pat

31 comments:

  1. Wow - your quilting is as always totally amazing Pat - I love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Of course I will vote! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out to be an amazing quilt. I love the back as much as the front. The quilting really makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's gorgeous! Love, love your quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job!! The quilting is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've followed your journey through the making of this quilt. What a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing now that it's all together! I especially like the paisley and flowers quilting around the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the texture the quilting adds. And those elephants are fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see this again! It really is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just great... Thought I had a chance until I seen this! I love those elephants, but your quilting is superb! Great job, Pat! Oh yeah, and thanks for sharing your joining method...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's wonderful! The quilting is great. The back is fabulous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woot!! Awesome! You did it and it looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Pat! It turned out great--I think my favorite part is the backside with the elephants matched up to their own color blocks. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable elephant print and Wow! quilting. I especially like how the elephant shows on the back because of the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how it turned out, Pat! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, wow! I love how you've framed those elephants but the quilting is absolutely unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the quilting on this, and the ellies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilting on this is beautiful!!! And that you lined up the color blocks on the back with the elephants on the front... I'm in awe. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. At first sight I thought wow - what a neat elephant quilt (I'm not ususally a fan of elephants, but this has a cool asian/indian vibe)....then...I saw the quilting you did from the back and WOW! Thanks also for the Quilt as you go tutorial - I have a project that I think I may try to use this on sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've enjoyed watching the process on this quilt. It turned out beautifully! The quilting is great, I love seeing others do amazing quilting on their home machines. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The diamond quilting looks great Pat, as do the elephants

    ReplyDelete
  22. The quilting is amazing. I love how you made the quilt reversible.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great quilting. Amazing job lining up the back to the front.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning!!! You did a beautiful job with the quilting. Someday I hope to have that talent. The technique you used to create the frames around the elephants is intriguing. What a great display of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful! Love your colors and the simplicity of focusing on the gorgeous elephants, and your quilting is Amazing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH my gosh!! This quilt is so super fantastic! I just love what you did with your elephant blocks. The design is fabulous and the quilting is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is awesome! Great job with the quilting!
    I'm voting for you on viewers choice!

    ReplyDelete