Wednesday, August 6, 2014

And the Plaid Begins

I love the look of straight line quilting, but I really don't like to do it. My lines are never straight, no matter what I do. It's probably of function of practice, I'd rather FMQ! But plaid quilting requires straight lines. Hopefully the baby that this quilt is intended for won't notice!

The quilting is going quickly, hopefully I will finish it this week.




 I also hosted the combined Ithaca and Rochester Modern Quilt Guild picnic on Sunday. What absolutely wonderful women, love them all. Here's a peek at some of there work.














 


The Ithaca group is having a swap fabric and make a block for your partner challenge. Most of us swapped fabric with 5 or 6 people. I gave each of my partners a color of the rainbow. I got my yellow and orange blocks back. I LOVE them.





I'm linking up with  Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!



Here are this week's stats:
In-process: (7)
Express Your Love
Humphrey's New Bed
Mod Ovals Quilt
Pantone Quilt 2014
Modern Scottish Baby
IMQG Block Swap
VFW Scrap Fabric Quilt
 
New projects: (0) 


Finished (0)



Color Me Quilty!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Those lines look straight to me! No-one will see whether or not your lines are straight; they'll all be looking at the baby!

    ReplyDelete